IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 ACTION PLAN
UPDATED 7 AUGUST 2020
The health and safety of our staff, customers, and suppliers is of paramount importance to us at Charlie’s Fine Food Co.
We are a proud family owned and operated Australian manufacturer that believes it is our responsibility to assist in “flattening the curve” and driving down the numbers in Victoria – particularly in our home town Melbourne.
We feel so lucky to be in a position to continue to operate when so many of our colleagues (particularly in the hospitality industry) have been forced to close down. We want to communicate to you some of the safety and preventative measures Charlie’s Fine Food Co has implemented to ensure we protect our team and you – our customers. As a food manufacturer BRC, Food Safety, and OH&S plans are at the core of our business. These plans remain in force to the highest standard. We have also enacted a COVIDSafe Plan to meet the Victorian Government’s State 4 Restrictions. This plan supports all of our current plans and includes the following additional actions:
Face to Face Meetings:
All external face to face meetings has been banned until further notice. This applies to both the Bakery and Head Office. Only approved employees may enter any of our premises and essential services such as logistics partners or supply deliveries are required to follow a personal sanitation process before entering our loading docks. Where possible Team Members are working from home to ensure our customer relationships and company services are maintained during this period.
Bakery & Head Office:
The below actions are included in our current COVIDSafe Plan
- Implementing travel restrictions on all employees
- Ongoing and clear advice on the personal responsibility and actions team members must take outside of the workplace
- Clearly mandated reporting process for any employee who suspects they have symptoms of Covid-19
- Clearly mandated action plan should an employee present with symptoms of Covid-19
- Cross-training of team members to cover various roles as we manage ever-changing operating capacity
- Working with our teams to reduce personal contact within the Bakery and Head Office
- Limits on public access to our bakery, warehouse, shop front, and office
- Compulsory wearing of masks on premises at all times by all staff
- Those that are required to attend work have been issued with work permits
- Hand sanitising stations have been set up throughout the premises
- Production and Warehouse staff are being temperature checked at the commencement of their shifts and are wearing additional PPE
- All surfaces are being cleaned and sanitised throughout the day
- We are still accepting cash in our store in Bentleigh East but in the interest of keeping our staff safe, we’d prefer payment by card/EFTPOS where possible
It is critical that we all follow and/or implement the Victorian Government’s Stage 4 Restrictions and advice in response to this pandemic. We have implemented a daily COVIDSafe Team Briefing meeting to review and action any Federal or State Government policy updates; address internal challenges arising from the restrictions; review daily operations to meet the shifting demand in our sector and ensure the mental wellbeing of our team members. These meetings are headed up by Ken and Jacky in conjunction with Ian Savage, our Food Safety, QA, and OH&S Manager.
Finally, we would like to offer our sincere thoughts to the numerous customers whose businesses have been so severely impacted by the social interaction restrictions currently being enforced. We are all in this together and I am confident that as a sector, Food Distribution, Hospitality & Events business owners and employees are resilient enough to weather this storm and come out on the other side.
Jacky Magid & Ken Mahlab